SomniumFilm is a creative video production studio based in Tokyo.
We are internationally awarded professionals who work on documentary and fiction films, commercials, music videos, narrative projects and other visual contents. Our priority is to awaken emotions and feelings through our projects, creating an unique cinematic look.
We focus on high quality and original content.
WHAT WE DO
Pre-production, production, and post-production.
Location scouting, casting, storyboarding, writing the concept.
Filming the project with a professional team and high end equipment.
Editing, color grading, sound mixing, 2D/3D motion graphics.
We are an international team of filmmakers that work together on different creative projects, but we also work independently
and you can hire one of us depending on your project.
John Donica is a cinematographer based in Tokyo.
In 2012 graduated Academy of Music Theater and Fine Arts, in Moldova. specialty - film director and editor. Master degree in animation. John has been working as a cinematographer on documentary and fiction films, music videos, narrative videos, commercials, since 2013. The projects have been selected to many international film festivals like: IDFA, Vision du Reel, Montenegro, Busan ISFF, Cronograf, DocuArtFest, East Silver, BIFF and others.
● Nominated for the 2019 European Press Prize shortlist with ‘The Drums of Democracy‘
● "Moments of silence" - Best directing at DocuArtFest, Romania 2017.
● Winner at International Documentary Film Festival Moldova 2013 "Cronograf" with film "At the edge of the forest"
● Best Director at the MIFEC Film festival in Porto.
● 1st place at LED photo contest, organized by LED (Liechtenstein Development Service) in Moldova 2012
Iulia Puica is a director based in Tokyo.
In 2012 graduated Academy of Music Theater and Fine Arts, in Moldova. Specialty - film director and editor. Master degree in animation.
She has been working as a director and 1st AD since 2013. Iulia has a great experience working with international teams from Germany, Portugal, Japan, Romania, Moldova.
● Best Fiction Film at Izmit International Short Film Festival 2020.
● Best director at RAVAC film festival Moldova, with the short film "SOFA" 2018
● Jury award at Naoussa International Film Festival with short film "Ioana" 2013
Mihai Bruma is working in post-production since the second year of University where he studied Film Directing in Chisinau, Moldova. He collaborated with many local production houses as Atelier Sergiu Prodan, Milk Films, Spoiala Brothers, Triangles, Cantora Film, Screenax where he mastered his craft as a colorist in films and commercials and worked with brads like Moldcell, Aimo, Jysk, Alternosfera, Vie Daca.
In his eagerness for more he created a collaboration with Priory Post a London based color house. Where he worked with brands like Absolut, Canterbury, DriveTribe, Chelsea Football Club, Electrolux and Pomellato.
Nao Sakamoto is visual artist based in Tokyo.
Coming from a film making background, storytelling and conveying emotions through images are the main core of NAOWAO’s work. Colors, lighting, and organic movements inspired from natural organisms are the main aspects of her works.
Having a BA in Film Production and MA in Interior Architecture and Design, Nao has worked in New York City, Netherlands, and in Japan. Projects include music videos, brand concept videos, promotional videos and 3D content design for music events and fashion shows.
● Winner Best Doc Short Los Angeles International Underground Film Festival 2019 / Cinematographer
● Official Selection New Filmmakers New York 2019 / Cinematographer